Wrap: Omelette, labneh, tomato and zatar
Breakfast to go is not really my thing - actually!
For me, there is nothing better in the morning than to take time for breakfast and thus start the day well and relaxed - actually! Unfortunately, it doesn't always work...
I'm happy to make an exception for this wrap. I mean, you can also enjoy the wrap very well at home with a coffee or tea - no question (especially after a night of drinking^^...). But sometimes, when I have to get up early, I can easily take my breakfast with me. Then I quickly prepare a simple omelette at home and then wrap everything in a pita bread - nothing easier than that!
It has everything you need for a good and delicious breakfast:
- Pita bread
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
The wrap is also always a good companion on train journeys. No sandwich from the bakery can compete with it.
Recipe for wrap with omelette
Ingredients for 2 wraps:
- 2 Lebanese flatbreads
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 4 - 6 tbsp. labneh(Click here for the recipe)
- Zatar(Click here for spice mix)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk the eggs with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the beaten eggs. Turn the omelette in between and take it out as soon as it has taken on some colour.
- Spread labneh on pita bread (you can decide for yourself whether to use 2 or more tablespoons of labneh).
- Put half of the omelette on the pita bread.
- Top the omelette with tomato slices and then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and zatar (a little more of this if you like).
- Wrap up the pita bread and your breakfast to go is ready!
Bon appétit 🙂
but the pita bread is so nicely puffed up, how can you wrap it around the omelette? Flatten it? Poor "balloon" but it sounds good.