Vegetable f ritters are your favorite stir-fry? Then you should definitely try these fluffy chickpea and pumpkin f ritters! Potatoes, broccoli, carrots or zucchini - all of these delicious vegetables can be made into crispy fritters. So then why not pumpkin and chickpeas as well? That's right, there's absolutely no reason not to! Especially the combo of veggies and legumes is a real protein boost, and it's vegan and gluten-free at the same time!
Fritters, pancakes or fritters - call them what you will
On the outside, the vegetable thalers are nice and crispy, while they are fluffy and soft on the inside. I love this combo! And even though you can snack away on these fantastic chickpea squash fritters right away, for me they need a creamy dip to go with them! Let's go for the leftover dip! Because you don't need the whole squash for the fritters. You can roast the other half in the oven with paprika, thyme and olive oil. Once the veggies start to color, you can let them cool a bit and puree them into a brilliant pumpkin and bell pepper dip. You'll be surprised at how delicious it tastes - when we stood in the Content kitchen and tried the roasts with the dip, so were we!
So as soon as you spot the first pumpkins at the market, grab them and fry up a delicious serving of Chickpea Pumpkin Fritters with Roasted Red Pepper Pumpkin Dip! Whether it's a quick after-work meal or a meal prep for work, these crispy, fluffy fritters with creamy dip are quick and easy to prepare.
Little tip: Next time you make burgers, you can use the chickpea-pumpkin fritters as patties - tastes great too!
Recipe for chickpea and pumpkin fritters
For the chickpea and pumpkin fritters
- 265 g cooked chickpeas
- 300 g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/2 TSP Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Cumin
- 2 TSP Salt
- 40 ml Vegetable oil
For the paprika-pumpkin dip
- Preheat oven to 220°C top/bottom heat.
- Wash the peppers and squash, remove seeds and cut into thick wedges.
- Place peppers and squash on a baking sheet, brush with oil, top with thyme and roast in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Allow vegetables to cool slightly, remove thyme.
- Puree vegetables with a hand blender until a creamy dip is formed. Season to taste with mint, salt and pepper.
Chickpea Pumpkin Fritters
- While the dip is roasting in the oven, you can continue preparing the fritters.
- Drain chickpeas through a sieve and drain well. Puree with a hand blender until a creamy mixture is formed.
- Wash the hokkaido and grate with a grater.
- Mix chickpea mash and shredded pumpkin with starch and spices.
- Form fritters from the mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry fritters in it until crispy on both sides.
- Serve chickpea squash fritters with paprika squash dip.
You put directly more than one pumpkin in your shopping basket? Then try also oven pumpkin on lemon yogurt with hazelnuts and zhug.