Lukewarm bean salad with pine nuts
A bean salad is actually always very high in the course with me. They are made quickly, taste really delicious and can even replace a main meal. Bean salad I usually like super lukewarm, because then the dressing can soak into the beans so really nice and thus marinates them. This also worked perfectly with the white bean salad. So different the beans are, so different are then but also the salads.
Lukewarm, wonderfully nutty and yet super fresh
I often see princess beans as a side dish wrapped in bacon on super hearty mashed potatoes and a juicy roast with awesome gravy. I like it, I love it! But the green stalks also do really well in a lukewarm, yet deliciously fresh bean salad! Then when all the flavors soak in and blend together. Mega!
First, I make the dressing, or should I say marinade? With fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and olive oil, you have a fruity and tangy base. A dash of honey rounds off the whole and brings its own, depending on the selected variety, character with pure. Then just blanch the beans briefly, get out of the water and mix nicely with the dressing. As a topping for the bean salad then come a few toasted pine nuts (I love roasted flavors!) and fresh mint leaves. Bon appetit!
Recipe for lukewarm bean salad with pine nuts
- 1/2 Garlic clove
- 1 Lemon
- 4 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 TSP Honey
- Salt and pepper
- 30 g Pine nuts
- 500 g Princess beans
- Peel and finely grate or crush the garlic.
- Grate the lemon peel and squeeze out the juice.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and zest with the garlic, olive oil and honey in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast pine nuts in a pan without fat on all sides and set aside.
- Wash beans, cut off woody ends and blanch in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
- Mix warm beans with dressing, let stand briefly and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
If you're really hungry for salad now, try the honeydew melon salad or the freekeh salad with grilled vegetables.
So easy and so incredibly delicious!!!
thank you very much for your feedback. I'm really glad that you liked it :*