Salmon wrap with baba ghanoush and fried cauliflower
Guys, we need to talk! It's about cauliflower!
Cauliflower is as sexy as a pair of feet falling asleep. No, no - I like cauliflower! But... somehow the vegetable never really had star status with me. It was just always there when it was there. There was never a "YAAAAY, BLUMENKOOOHL". Although... it's definitely different with this salmon wrap.
Whenever there were fried vegetables, the first thing I would do was eat the little tree-like parts. I even ate my mother's cauliflower raw before she had a chance to throw it in the fryer. And if she did manage it, I'd wrap a wrap with it straight away. Okay, I guess I like cauliflower better than I always thought.
Do you know the sidekicks in teen films or series? They're the side characters who are there but unfairly don't get the attention they deserve. And then? Then a monster comes along and eats them away. And then what happens? The protagonists howl around - and the audience with them. Yes! Just the other day this phenomenon happened in the series "Stranger Things". Barb was eaten (I hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone...) - and later everyone cries and really appreciates her character. After all, what would the main characters be if it weren't for the sidekicks? Side characters are the real tastemakers! This is also the case in this delicious salmon wrap!
Baba Ghanoush? - Megastar!
Salmon? - Everybodys Darling!
Cauliflower? ... ... ... (*sound of chirping crickets*)
Well! Without the fried cauliflower, this salmon wrap would be delicious, no question. But it's the fried cauliflower with its strong aroma of er - cabbage - and its roasted flavours, that makes this wrap an absolute blockbuster!
- "5 Stars - Fantastico" - Si ne Ma
- "10/10 - Mui Bueno" - Mino Weekly cinema
- "Boah is dat geil!" - Duisburg Council Gazette
Well, what I really want to say is: Guys, try this salmon wrap! Cauliflower with baba ghanoush and roasted salmon, plus a little parsley and a squeeze of lemon - oooh habibi!
*Press voices could possibly be invented.
Recipe for salmon wrap with fried cauliflower
Ingredients for 4 wraps
- 4 Lebanese flatbreads
- 1 piece salmon fillet (approx. 250g)
- 1/2 cauliflower
- Baba Ghanoush(to the recipe)
- Handful parsley
- some lemon juice
- Oil for frying
- Prepare Baba Ghanoush according to the recipe .
- Shred the cauliflower and deep-fry the cauliflower bites until golden brown.
- Chop the parsley.
- Fry the salmon on both sides and let it cool a little.
- Spread the pita bread with baba ghanoush.
- Top the flatbread with the fried cauliflower and salmon.
- Sprinkle some parsley on top and drizzle some lemon juice.
- Wrap everything up nicely and let it taste good!
Bon appétit 🙂