Chocolate muffins with pistachio cream are an upgrade to the cupcake world! Whether in cafes, bakeries or patisseries, cupcakes with chocolate and sweet cream belong in the display to attract all the sweet tooth. I do not exclude myself from this. I love to look at all the delicacies through the window, to decide after a long back and forth for different variations.
Make chocolate muffins yourself
Sometimes I leave all the cupcakes where they are and just take some inspiration. In the past, I didn't particularly like baking, but I've since taken a liking to it. The other day I found our muffin tin in the content kitchen again and on the table was still a rest of the chocolate tart with pistachio frosting - so I had the idea to make the cake more manageable and turn it into a to-go creation.
No sooner said than done. Make chocolate muffins yourself is really super easy, because the ingredients for it you almost always have at home. And such a muffin tray is also a good purchase. In it you can bake not only muffins, but also Knefeh-Minis or crispy chocolate mocha filo cakes. What I learned while baking, the ingredients should always be at room temperature. Because that makes it easier to beat eggs or butter, for example, and make them creamier.
Depending on the event you're making the cupcakes for, you can butter the muffin tin or line it with paper cups. The paper cups are highly recommended if the cupcakes are for children's birthday parties or on the go.
The frosting: pistachio cream
Especially for the frosting, the tart-sweet pistachio cream, it is important that the ingredients for it have been brought to room temperature. The soft butter and cream cheese can be mixed better with the other ingredients and become a lump-free mass.
When you apply the pistachio cream to the chocolate muffins, it's best to use a piping bag with a star nozzle. As you can see from my creations, I didn't do this. Why are you asking yourself right now? Simple, I couldn't find piping bags or the box of nozzles. This was really annoying, but if you don't have this equipment at home or just can't find it like me, take a freezer bag, fill it with the mixture and cut off a small corner. This way you can also apply the cream with circular motions.
It all sounds easy and delicious, doesn't it? Well then go ahead and bake your own creations, which you can garnish individually.
- Halabi, Rafik (Author)
Recipe for chocolate muffins with pistachio cream
- Muffin tin
- Piping bag
- Star nozzle
For the chocolate muffins
For the pistachio cream
- 100 g Butter
- 70 g Pistachio puree
- 250 g Cream cheese
- 170 g Powdered sugar
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Also for the pistachio cream.
- Preheat oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Coarsely chop chocolate and cut butter into pieces.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a water bath and let cool briefly.
- Mix flour with baking powder cardamom, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla extract until foamy.
- Slowly add chocolate-butter mixture to egg-sugar mixture.
- Fold flour mixture into chocolate mixture and gradually add milk.
- Grease muffin tray or line with paper bags.
- Pour batter into the cups of the muffin tin and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Then allow to cool completely.
- Beat softened butter in a bowl with a hand mixer on high speed until pale, about 5 minutes.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and add the pistachio paste. Stir everything together.
- Finally, add the cream cheese and stir the cream briefly until smooth.
- Put the pistachio cream in a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle and pipe it onto the cooled chocolate muffins. If your pistachio cream is too liquid, put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. There it can cool down, becomes firmer in consistency and is easier to spread on the muffins.
- Garnish chocolate muffins with pistachio cream as desired and serve.