Honeydew melon salad with tahini yogurt dressing
Summer, sun, salad! And not just any salad - today we have fruity-fresh honeydew melon salad! Because when it's warm and oppressive outside, hunger usually stays small. Plus, it's important to keep your body pumped with plenty of water and fresh vitamins. And that's where this colorful melon salad comes in, which has a little bit of everything: sweet, tangy, crunchy, creamy and it's also quick & easy to prepare.
Fruity, fresh and spicy - the mix makes it!
Wrap honeydew melon with air-dried ham is also done quickly, but it lacks the fresh lightness. As I said, this honeydew melon salad has a little bit of everything and not only makes you full, but also happy. Sweet melon, slightly sour orange and bitter grapefruit form the fruity base of this summer salad. A touch of sumac conjures a delicate acidic note to the creamy feta, while tahini, lemon and yogurt create a nutty dressing and ground the salad. Toasted pine nuts provide the crunchy crunch, and a handful of bright green mint adds that extra freshness kick.
What are you waiting for? Get chopping and enjoy the colorful plate in the midday heat. Whether at home or as a meal prep at the office, this honeydew melon salad with tahini yogurt dressing will give you the energy to make it through the summer easy. Of course, a big bowl of it also looks great at barbecues, so give it a try right away!
Recipe for honeydew melon salad with tahini yogurt dressing
- Peel the honeydew melon, orange and grapefruit and cut them into pieces. If you like, you can also fillet or slice the citrus fruits.
- Pat feta dry with paper towel and crumble into very small pieces. Stir in sumac until everything is well mixed.
- Toast pine nuts in a pan without fat until golden brown.
- Grate the lemon peel and squeeze the juice.
- Mix yogurt with lemon zest and juice, tahini, honey and water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash the mint and pluck the leaves from the stems.
- Arrange honeydew melon, orange, grapefruit and mint on plates. Sprinkle sumac feta and pine nuts on top and spread tahini yogurt dressing on top.
You want more melon? No problem! Try the melon salad with feta or make yourself a refreshing watermelon drink.