As soon as pancakes with piastazia cream were on the breakfast table, it usually didn't take long for the first of us to get out of bed still wide-eyed. For this, the little pancakes are just too delicious than that you could have just let them wait there. The recipe is simple and quickly made.
Pancakes: quick and easy
Even though my brother loves his pancakes with just nougat cream and would never stray from it, it's a different story for the rest of the family.
These pancakes are small, fluffy and made really quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. The dough of flour, butter, egg, baking powder, a little sugar and milk is stirred together in no time and can be given directly into the pan after a short rest.
It is important not to stir or even knead the dough too much! Then the pancakes do not rise so nicely and become rather firm than fluffy.
It is also important that the pan for the pancakes is not too hot. Then they are cooked quickly, but then have no time to rise fluffy.
To do this, I first heat the pan so right and then turn the stove back down to medium. Then everything should work well.
Mix pistachio cream
For the pistachio cream, all you need is some pistachio paste, a little water and powdered sugar. This is then simply stirred until a creamy sauce without lumps is created.
I personally like that the pancakes with pistachio cream are not too sweet. But if you like, you can of course add a little more sugar or sprinkle the pancakes with more powdered sugar.
The final touch is provided by chopped pistachios and a few red sparkling pomegranate seeds. Especially the fruity acidity of the seeds fits really super well to the pancakes with pistachio cream.
I wish you lots of fun trying it out and of course a good appetite!
- Halabi, Rafik (Author)
Recipe for pancakes with pistachio cream
For the pancakes
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 125 g Wheat flour type 405
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 200 ml Whole milk
- 1 pinch Salt
For the topping
- 2 Tablespoon Pistachio puree
- 4 Tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- chopped pistachios (optional)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Then allow to cool briefly.
- Mix flour in a bowl with salt and baking powder.
- Mix sugar and egg in another bowl. Add melted butter and milk.
- Sift the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and whisk the batter so that most of the lumps disappear. Do not overmix the batter or it will not rise properly when baked.
- Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Lower the heat to medium, pour about 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the pan so that the pancakes have a diameter of about 8 cm.
- As soon as the first bubbles form on the pancake (about half a minute), turn pancake over and bake from the other side as well.
- For the topping, mix pistachio puree with water and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Serve pancakes with pistachio cream. If desired, also chop pistachios and sprinkle over the pancakes.
Do you fancy a different kind of pancake? Then try the filled Lebanese pancakes with custard cream.