Avocado bread with halloumi and za'atar oil￼
This avocado bread with halloumi not only looks like a beautiful crusher - It is a crusher: visually & taste! The recipe is made in no time and keeps you hungry but definitely quite a while from the neck. So there is absolutely no reason to get hangry.
I was once asked how you can slice halloumi like that without destroying it. That's an absolutely legitimate question! Halloumi always likes to break in two when you are actually super careful and absolutely need nice even slices. But nothing helps except a sharp knife and a lot of sensitivity.
For this avocado bread you actually only need 1 - 2 sticks of good rye bread, which you can also toast briefly if you want. Then just mash a nice creamy avocado on it, drape the briefly fried halloumi on it and then top the whole thing with some za'atar oil. Za'atar oil, by the way, is simply some za'atar mixed with olive oil - mega good!
Recipe for avocado bread with halloumi
- Grill pan or contact grill
- Mix za'atar with olive oil.
- Pat the halloumi dry, cut into slices and fry on both sides in a grill pan or contact grill until crispy. You can also brush it with a little oil, then it won't stick to the grooves.
- Cut avocado in half and spread one half on each slice of bread.
- Spread fried halloumi slices on avocado breads and drizzle za'atar oil on top.
For more squeaky fun with halloumi, try the manakish with halloumi and tomato, the halloumi burger or the couscous salad with halloumi.