Avocado-cucumber salad is more than just a wonderfully aromatic summer salad: it’s fresh, crunchy, creamy and also super quick to prepare. Especially when it gets really nice and warm, I tend to feel like a quick but delicious meal. A refreshing salad is always very welcome.
Avocado and cucumber are a good team!
Sometimes when I’m thinking of a new recipe, I like to think in terms of colors. As you can obviously see, I thought of the color green for the Avocado Cucumber Salad. Green avocado, green cucumber and spearmint are the main components.
The funny thing is that the individual ingredients then often fit together really well and complement each other wonderfully in terms of taste but also texture. The avocado is here so really nice rich creamy, while the cucumber with its crunchiness brings in a great accent.
A salad without herbs is of course absolutely not possible: Mint fits in here really incredibly well and gives the avocado-cucumber salad a wonderfully fresh note with. This fits especially well when the dressing comes along with a little garlic note.
No salad without delicious dressing!
The delicious dressing you make quite simply from olive oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and some garlic. All mixed together, the dressing gives the fresh avocado-cucumber salad again so much flavor with.
Last but not least, all that’s really missing is a pretty topping that also adds some nice splashes of color to the salad! I have opted for toasted sesame seeds and black cumin. The sesame seeds bring their nutty flavor and the black cumin is like a little aromatic splash of color with each bite, giving the salad a very hearty touch.
I love that the avocado cucumber salad is so wonderfully simple and also so quick and easy to prepare. The salad goes really well with grilled vegetables or meat. For example, with chicken skewers, Kafta or as a delicious snack for in between.
I am already quite curious how it tastes to you. Bon appetite!
- Halabi, Rafik (Author)
Recipe for avocado cucumber salad
- For the dressing, grate the zest of the lemon and squeeze the juice.
- Peel garlic and crush finely in a mortar with a little salt or grate finely with a grater.
- In a bowl, mix oil with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, sesame seeds and black cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash and slice the cucumbers.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise, remove from skin and cut into half moons.
- Wash the mint and pluck the leaves from the stems.
- Mix the cucumber, avocado and mint with the dressing and serve.