Crostini with bean puree and za'atar
This recipe for crostini with bean puree and za'atar is my secret tip for you if you have a spontaneous visitor and have nothing prepared. I personally love to delight friends with delicious bites. (Some people say I'm overwhelming them with it ...) Actually, there's always something to eat at my place - if only for my own salvation. But sometimes there is not enough time for something super elaborate. Therefore, the crispy baguette slices with creamy bean puree always come quite right.
Crostini with bean puree - crispy & creamy
Basically, all you have to do for the crostini is slice a fresh baguette, then toast the slices briefly and spread them with the delicious bean puree. I like to add a little olive oil, za'atar and a few toasted pine nuts. If you still have the leisure, I definitely recommend chopping a handful of herbs (parsley, mint) and topping the crostini with it. Then add some delicious olives and you're sure to have happy people with hearts in their eyes on the couch. Enjoy your meal!
Recipe for crostini with bean puree and za'atar
- 1 Serving Bean puree
- 1 Baguette (approx. 40 cm)
- 50 g Pine nuts optional
- 20 g mixed herbs (parsley, coriander, mint)
- 4 TL Za'atar
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Cut the baguette into slices about 2 cm thick. If you like, you can toast the baguette slices in a pan, then the crostini will be even crispier.
- Optionally, toast pine nuts in a pan without fat.
- Wash and finely chop the herbs.
- Spread crostini with bean puree, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, herbs and za'atar and drizzle with olive oil.
Also be sure to try the crispy cheese rolls or other delicious mezze specialties.