Watch out, here comes a new favourite recipe for you! Whether for after-work cooking or a quick lunch: This oven feta with figs is an absolute treat that is also super-fast to prepare. Wonderfully creamy and still warm, the feta comes straight out of the oven onto a crunchy salad.
Feta from the oven is always a good idea!
What I particularly appreciate about this recipe (apart from the taste, of course) is the efficiency of its preparation. First, the feta is put in the oven with quartered fresh figs, some thyme and olive oil. While the cheese bakes in the oven and gets a beautiful browning, the salad is prepared. Then roast a few walnuts in the pan and you're ready to serve.
Of course, you can prepare your salad however you like. I'm just offering you some inspiration - so be creative and let yourself go. For my salad, however, I deliberately avoided a lot of fuss and kept everything quite clean. Crisp lollo bianco with red onion and cucumber. The freshness of the cucumber harmonises incredibly well with the hearty, creamy oven feta. So you have a combination of warm, cold, creamy, savoury and fresh. Thanks to the walnuts, it's also crunchy and the sweet honey really rounds everything off. So try to get a bit of everything on your fork with every bite.
Recipe for oven feta with figs and walnuts
- Casserole dish
For the oven feta
- 200 g Feta
- 200 g fresh figs
- 6 Branches Thyme
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
For the salad
- 50 g Walnuts
- 150 g Lollo Bianco
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 TBSP Balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP Honey
Preparation oven feta
- Wash and quarter the figs.
- Put the feta in a baking dish and place the fig quarters around it. Cover with thyme sprigs and olive oil and bake in a hot oven at 180° C for approx. 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Roast walnuts in a pan without fat on all sides until the shell flakes off. Put the roasted nuts to one side.
- Wash the lettuce and pluck into mouth-sized pieces.
- Wash the cucumber and peel lengthwise into fine strips with a peeler. Or cut into slices or pieces as desired.
- Arrange the salad and place the feta and figs on top. Garnish with toasted walnuts, honey, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and enjoy.