Such a delicious soup is always a welcome guest on the dining table, especially for the cooler season. And this cream of cauliflower soup is not only warming, but also wonderfully fresh and fruity at the same time.
Premium food for premium cooking lazy
Something that tastes so premium doesn't always have to be super elaborate. Cream of cauliflower soup (what a word) is actually a super quick recipe to make. Basically, all you have to do is throw everything in a pot, sauté it briefly, and then deglaze with broth. The delicious flavors from Levant are then provided by the herbs and spices. In addition to coriander and cumin, there is also a good dab of tahini, which gives the whole thing a wonderful nutty note. Freshly squeezed lemon juice with its fruity acidity provides a great balance of flavors.
Then the only thing missing is a crunchy topping! Simply roast a few walnuts briefly in a pan, chop them and you can spice up your cream of cauliflower soup with premium roasted flavors.
I used cream for the recipe. But you can also safely reach for the vegetable alternative if you don't tolerate lactose or don't want to use animal products. Either way, it will be premium delicious!
Recipe for cream of cauliflower soup with tahini
- Peel onion, garlic, potato and celery and cut into coarse cubes.
- Remove outer leaves from cauliflower and break or cut into small florets.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and then roast onion and garlic in it for 3 minutes.
- Add potato and celery and roast for another 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and fold in well while roasting.
- Coarsely chop parsley and cilantro, add and deglaze everything with vegetable broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cream, tahini, spices and lemon juice, simmer briefly, then puree and season to taste.
- Toast walnuts in a pan for about 3 minutes, remove from heat and chop.
- Serve soup in bowls and top with tahini and chopped walnuts.