Here comes actually one of my favorite cakes: The super moist and aromatic chocolate nut cake! Just writing I would like to snack again a piece of this cinnamon and allspice scented deliciousness. And the very best: The cake is made very quickly and easily.
Super chocolaty and nutty!
This chocolate nut cake from the loaf pan is bursting with flavor! The batter is super easy and quick to make. So that the cake can live up to its name of course, there must be neat chocolate and a whole bunch of nuts pure!
In the dough itself I give only baking cocoa. The glaze of dark chocolate coating then provides a good charge of chocolate.
Fresh roasted nuts for more flavor!
For the nuts for the chocolate nut cake I have chosen hazelnuts and almonds. You can of course already fall back on the ground version and simply buy them in the supermarket. But you can also, like me, reach for whole nuts and roast them beforehand. This is then but rather an expert tip and not a must!
Expert tip: So I roast whole hazelnuts and almonds briefly in a pan until it begins to smell delicious and then let them cool completely. Then I grind them carefully in a blender.
Careful, because the nuts get hot again with too much friction and the resulting flour then tends to clump. And that would be counterproductive. But the roasting really provides even more flavor.
For the particularly spicy flavor of the chocolate nut cake provide a good portion of cinnamon and allspice each. Believe me, this is really super delicious and already tastes slightly like Christmas!
Prepare chocolate nut cake
Since the chocolate nut cake is still garnished with chocolate, it must cool properly once before. Therefore, I like to bake the cake in the evening and then let it cool overnight.
The next day I can then comfortably melt the chocolate coating and pour it over the cake. So the cake is also quite easy to prepare.
I for one always get weak at the cake and turn into a cake monster ... there is nothing left at the end anyway.
But if a piece did make it for you, you can also freeze the cake well wrapped for up to six months and enjoy it later.
I wish you in any case already a lot of fun baking and of course a good appetite!
- Halabi, Rafik (Author)
Recipe for chocolate nut cake
For the cake
- 200 g Wheat flour type 405
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 50 g Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 100 g ground almonds
- 250 g Butter
- 200 g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 150 ml Whole milk
- 200 g Dark chocolate coating
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- Grease loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Mix flour with baking powder, cocoa cinnamon, allspice, ground hazelnuts and almonds.
- Beat butter with sugar and salt until the mixture turns white.
- Gradually add the eggs.
- Add flour-nut mixture and milk alternately.
- Spread batter into cake pan and bake for about 70 minutes. Test with a stick: Prick the cake with a wooden stick - if batter still sticks, it needs a few more minutes. If no dough sticks, the cake is ready and can be removed from the oven.
- Then let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Melt dark chocolate coating with butter over a water bath.
- Allow glaze to cool briefly.
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake and sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Cut chocolate nut cake into about 12 pieces and serve.
Fancy some more cake? Then try your way through here: