This chocolate cherry cake with mocha is super moist, fluffy, fruity and nice and chocolaty. The dough is really quick and easy to mix. But so that it becomes really massive, comes on the cake still an ultra delicious chocolate ganache of dark chocolate and cream.
Chocolate x Cherries x Coffee
I personally love the combination of chocolate and cherries really very much. Especially when you then combine the cherries with dark chocolate - delicious! And if there are then also coffee flavors, there is no stopping me. Therefore, I have developed this special chocolate cherry cake.
For this chocolate cake I chose sour cherries from the jar. The sour note of these cherries then really fits perfectly with the chocolate and makes the cake particularly juicy. Even though you can use fresh cherries, I find the already pitted cherries from the jar just particularly practical. This makes the preparation easier and of course much faster.
For the batter of the chocolate cherry cake you need some mocha. In the Levant, this is often boiled up with cardamom. If you do not have mocha at home, you can of course simply take espresso or regular coffee. Then just add a pinch of cardamom.
When you have finished the batter, simply add the sour cherries and bake the delicious chocolate cherry cake. While the cake is cooling, you can directly take care of the ganache.
Basically, this is a cream of melted chocolate, which is mixed with cream. The ganache I have for the chocolate cherry cake but then also still airy whipped. So you have then almost a consistency like mousse au chocolat - and that on an incredibly juicy cake!
If you're really craving some delicious cake right now, I can also recommend the following treats:
- Plum cake with pistachio crumble
- Labneh Cheesecake: cheesecake with cream cheese from yogurt
- Apricot cake from the tray
- Chocolate muffins with pistachio cream
- Baklava cheesecake: a cheesecake with crunchy filo dough and nuts
- Apple pie with walnuts and raisins
I wish you in any case already a lot of fun baking and of course a good appetite!
- Halabi, Rafik (Author)
Recipe for chocolate cherry cake with mocha
For the cake
- 350 g Sour cherries from the jar
- 300 g Wheat flour type 405
- 3 teaspoon Baking powder
- 50 g Baking cocoa
- 200 g Butter
- 200 g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 200 ml Mocha (or espresso + 1 tsp cardamom)
For the ganache
- 150 g Dark chocolate coating
- 200 g Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C top/bottom heat.
- Line springform pan with baking paper or grease with a little butter.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature.
- Drain cherries in a sieve. Collect the liquid and use it for other purposes. You can drink the cherry juice as a spritzer, for example.
- Mix flour with baking powder and cocoa.
- Beat butter with sugar and salt until the mixture turns white.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue mixing.
- Alternately sift flour mixture over the top and pour in mocha. At the same time, stir the mixture until smooth.
- Fold the cherries into the batter.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Then let cake cool.
- Chop the dark chocolate coating.
- Heat cream, remove from heat and stir in chopped couverture.
- Mix cream and couverture well until couverture is melted.
- Allow ganache to cool and then beat with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Remove cake from mold, spread Whipped Ganache on top of cake.
- Cut cake into about 12 pieces and serve.