In the season of plums, a plum cake with crumble is always an absolute must for me. I love it when the fluffy sponge cake by the plums so really nice juicy. The crowning glory are then the crumbles! These I have refined for my own plum cake with chopped pistachios and spices. The recipe for this I have of course also for you.
Juicy plum cake – made quickly and easily!
As a basis for the plum cake I have taken a classic sponge cake. The really always goes and is ready in no time. The batter consists of the following ingredients:
- Flour type 405
- Baking powder
- Whole milk
The exact quantities and instructions can be found below in the recipe card. By the way, I used the batter for the apricot cake in a similar way.
For the dough you actually only have to mix all the ingredients together briefly to a smooth dough and it’s ready. Super simple! Then comes the dough for the crumble, which is also made quickly.
But what would a plum cake be without the plums that give it its name? The delicious stone fruits are in season in Germany from July to September – so treat yourself to as many of them as you can get. And if you have some left over, you can always make a puree or a delicious jam from the plums.
Crumble with pistachios and spices
For the plum cake I thought of very special crumble and refined it with chopped pistachios and cinnamon and cardamom. Believe me, in combination with the plums cooked in the cake is absolutely great!
For the crumble you need the following ingredients:
- Flour type 405
Also for the crumbles, you basically just need to mix the ingredients together briefly to make a crumbly dough and then you’re ready to finish the cake.
Simply fill the batter into a 26 cm diameter springform pan and press the pitted and halved plums into the batter. The plums will then cook in it and become even more aromatic.
Then simply crumble the crumble over the batter and put it directly into the oven. Then it’s just a matter of waiting, enjoying the aroma and looking forward to delicious plum cake with crumble.
I wish you a lot of fun baking and a good appetite!
- Halabi, Rafik (Author)
Recipe for plum cake with crumble
For the crumble
For the cake
- 1 Kg ripe plums
- 300 g Wheat flour type 405
- 3 teaspoon Baking powder
- 150 g Butter
- 150 g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 100 ml Whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C top/bottom heat.
- Line springform pan with baking paper or grease with a little butter.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients for the crumble in a bowl until a crumbly dough has formed.
- Cover crumble and refrigerate.
- Wash, halve and pit the plums.
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Beat butter with sugar and salt until the mixture turns white.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue mixing.
- Alternately sift flour mixture and pour in milk. At the same time, mix the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the dough into the springform pan, spread halved plums on top.
- Crumble crumble over plums and bake cake for about 50 minutes.
- Then let the plum cake with crumble cool and cut into about 12 pieces.