If you are already totally into the delicious eggplant cream Baba Ghanoush, then you should now prick up your ears! Here comes the most delicious zucchini cream ever! Among connoisseurs, this delicious dip is also called Mutabbal Kusa. The cream is really super easy to make, is vegan and requires only a few ingredients. A perfect component for any mezze!
I used to have a small vegetable patch ...
A small field directly on the Rhine, where I could grow lots of vegetables. That was a totally great idea - after all, friends of mine had been doing that successfully for years. Nothing easier than that ... I will spare you the complete story of my failure, but I can tell you that at least the zucchini turned out quite well. So neat, in fact, that I couldn't keep up with the harvesting. At some point, the things became so big that I was afraid they would come after me ...
Fortunately, I know how to handle zucchini. Off into the oven with it! So namely! Let it roast well at high heat and thus give the tasty low performer among the vegetables beautiful roast aromas. Then the soft zucchini are only mashed with freshly squeezed lemon juice, garlic and tahini to a zucchini cream and stirred into delicious Mutabbal Kusa.
If you like, you can garnish the zucchini cream with a few extra spicy fried or grilled zucchini slices and chili flakes. Otherwise, it's just a matter of whipping out the pita bread and dipping in! Bon appetit!
Recipe for zucchini cream | Mutabbal Kusa
- Preheat oven to 225°C.
- Wash zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. If you want to roast the zucchini over a grill, leave them whole.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes. Depending on the size, sometimes it needs a little longer, sometimes a little shorter. On the grill it needs about 30 - 40 minutes. It is ready when it is soft.
- Allow zucchini to cool slightly and shave off burnt skin.
- Finely grate the garlic with a grater. Squeeze the lemon.
- Mash zucchini with a fork. Stir in garlic, lemon juice and tahini until a chunky, creamy dip is formed.
- Season zucchini cream with salt and pepper and garnish as desired for serving.