Whenever I’m invited to a barbecue, somehow people seem to go totally nuts for date dip. Just the other day, there were three versions right away: One with curry (of course), one with lots of garlic, and one with mayonnaise. All were delicious and each dip had its own character. So it was high time for me to develop my own date dip. And this one comes with cream cheese and feta.
Sweet and savory at the same time
Of course, a date dip is popular because of its taste, as it combines sweet with savory just perfectly. But I can also well imagine that the preparation also contributes a part to the popularity: The date dip is really quick and easy to make!
In addition, you also need only a few ingredients:
- Dates: Use soft dates, because they are easier to mix. They should also be pitted.
- Cream cheese: This makes the date dip on the one hand wonderfully fresh and also nice and creamy.
- Feta: Feta just always goes! The delicious white cheese gives the dip but also a nice acid note with.
- Garlic: Here I use only half a clove. But you can also take more if you want.
- Chili: I like it hot! But of course, here comes only a small pinch of chili in the dip. We want to be able to taste the other ingredients.
- Salt, pepper
You can find the exact quantities for the date dip below in the recipe card.
Prepare date dip very simply
After you have procured the ingredients for the date dip, you can continue with the preparation. And it’s a real piece of cake: You just have to puree all the ingredients together with a hand blender or in the Thermomix to a cream and season with salt and pepper. That’s it and your dip is ready to be enjoyed. So the recipe for date dip with cream cheese and feta is suitable for both Thermomix and a regular hand blender.
If you like, you can of course add some texture to the date dip. To do this, simply take one or two dates and some feta to the side and chop the dates and crumble the feta by hand. Then just fold into the rest of the dip and you have a little more texture.
The date dip with cream cheese and feta is super easy to prepare. If you want, you can simply make the dip the night before and then store it in the refrigerator until you need it. The date dip will then keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least a week.
I wish you in any case a lot of fun with the preparation and of course a good appetite!
- Halabi, Rafik (Author)
Recipe for date dip with cream cheese and feta
- 1/2 fresh garlic clove
- 150 g Dates, pitted
- 150 g Cream cheese
- 180 g Feta
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili
- Salt, pepper
- Peel garlic and cut into coarse pieces. Dates also cut into coarse pieces.
- Add garlic and date pieces with feta and spices with a hand blender (or in a Thermomix) and puree finely until a creamy date dip is formed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.If you prefer it chunkier, you can set aside a few dates before pureeing and shred them into the dip later.