There is one recipe here on the blog that has really been in first place with you guys ever since it came out. I'm talking about the bean stew Fasolia. I can so relate to this popularity! It's a quick and easy stew full of heartwarming goodness. In a very similar taste direction goes this wonderfully aromatic chickpea ste w with deliciously fragrant butter rice.
Stew and butter rice - a (disturbing) love story
This recipe for chickpea stew is for all who need something to eat very quickly after work or otherwise freak out and bully their fellow men - Exactly, so it's a recipe for me! When this one certain hunger for something real, genuine, warm grips me, then consistently every suggestion, no matter how good, is rejected and oiled on continuous fire: There must be home cooking! And there must be in any case a good portion of butter rice in addition! And please, super fast!
How fortunate that this chickpea stew meets all the criteria listed and subsequently leaves me in bliss after wrapping me in a warm blanket and leaving a red mark on my forehead in the shape of a chickpea with its tomatoey lips.
Okay, we don't want to get creepy now! But somehow there is really something true. Tender chickpeas in a wonderfully fruity-aromatic tomato sauce with garlic, fresh coriander, allspice, cardamom and cinnamon combine to create a kind of feel-good promise. And when buttered rice is added to the chickpea stew, my face always turns into a heart-eyed emoji - and the apocalypse caused by my hunger mood is averted for that one day. Bon appetit!
Recipe for chickpea stew with butter rice
For the chickpea stew
- Peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Coarsely chop the coriander.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add strained tomatoes and deglaze with water.
- Season with cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked chickpeas and chopped cilantro and simmer on low for about 30 minutes with the lid closed.
- Meanwhile, prepare the butter rice according to the recipe.