Sometimes I'm a bit of a fast food junkie. So... I'm sure you feel the same way, don't you? Especially when it comes to burgers and hot dogs, I often find it really hard to resist and have to bite my hand to keep from giving in. That can really hurt. That's also one of the reasons why you're not allowed to take me to that furniture shop where there's that hot dog cul-de-sac of death at the end. After I've been too weak again, I usually regret it again. I don't feel that way about this ultra delicious Sucuk hot dog.
Sucuk meets hot dog!
The beauty of this hot dog is that on the one hand it looks super cool and is incredibly tasty, but on the other hand it is super quick to make. Even the fancy sauce can be made in no time with just a few ingredients. You get the bun at the supermarket, you just have to slice and fry the sucuk and the rest is done with a peek anyway (it's my superpower!). The result is a super juicy hot dog with the aromatic garlic sausage sucuk, a fresh mayo with onions, coriander and sumac and a topping of diced tomatoes and gherkin. Every bite is a little trip to hot dog paradise.
Recipe for Sucuk Hot Dog
- Grill or grill pan
Hot Dog Mayo
- 1 small onion
- 8 Stalk Coriander
- 8 TBSP Mayonnaise
- 3 TL Sumac
Sucuk Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot dog buns
- 4 Sucuk sausages
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Gherkins, large
Preparation of the mayo
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Wash and finely chop the coriander.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the onion, coriander and sumac. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Preparation Sucuk Hot Dog
- Bake the hot dog bun in a hot oven according to the instructions.
- Peel the sucuk, cut lengthwise into long slices and fry on the grill or in a (grill) pan.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into small cubes.
- First cut the gherkins lengthwise into long slices and then into small strips.
- Spread the hot dog bun with mayo, put in the sucuk and top with tomatoes and gherkins. Sprinkle with fresh coriander if desired.