So you know the basic recipe for falafel? Now you just need the perfect sauce! Tahini sauce is made in no time with tahini, lemon, garlic and parsley . By the way, this sauce is called tarratohr in Lebanon.
The tahini sauce tastes slightly nutty and yet wonderfully fresh. The lemon gives the sauce a lovely acidity and the parsley slightly slows down the strong garlic.
- 85 g Tahini
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- 100 ml water or more according to taste. It depends on the tahini used.
- Salt, pepper
- Peel the garlic clove and crush it with the salt in a mortar.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Chop the parsley.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic-salt mixture with the tahini.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and mix together. The mixture will now behave a little strangely: The tahini reacts with the lemon - and the mixture stiffens.
- Now add the water and mix everything well with a fork. The sauce is now liquid and creamy.
- Now add the chopped parsley and taste the sauce again with salt and pepper as needed. One serving yields approx. 250 ml.