What could be better than the glow of a deep-fried aubergine? A deep-fried aubergine with a neat blob of tahini sauce and crumbled feta, of course! The perfect starter!
What may look like a work of art here (yes, thank you very much, I'm trying to pat myself on the back right now, but I've become too fat and can't reach it any more ...) is basically child's play and very quickly conjured up. But no one but you and I need to know that it's so easy and quick.
I have noticed that aubergines go down very well with my friends. And when they are deep-fried (the aubergine, not the friends), there seems to be no stopping them. That's what happened at my last birthday ... Yes! You guessed it, I didn't get a single bite - so, dear friends, now it's out - you are greedy! But I still love you terribly. ; )
If I'd had some, I could tell you now that the aubergine has a delicately creamy texture and that it harmonises perfectly with the nutty tahini sauce and the freshly tart feta. But that's just how it is sometimes. In the end, a friend even told me that she didn't get full - my poor feeder heart couldn't bear that and so I quickly made more ...
So if you're also looking for a really great, but very easy and quick to prepare starter - et voilà, here you go, here you go, tikram!
Recipe for aubergine with tahini and feta
- 1 Eggplant
- 50 g Feta You can of course also take more.
- 1 Serving Tahini sauce
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- Frying oil + deep fryer or pan
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the aubergine lengthwise into finger-thick slices (use your little finger as a yardstick).
- Heat the oil to approx. 180° and deep-fry the aubergine slices on both sides until they are nice and golden brown.
- Put the fried slices on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Prepare the tahini sauce according to the recipe.
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
- Put the aubergine slices on a plate and crumble the feta on top.
- Add blobs of tahini sauce and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.